Monday, September 21, 2015

Here's to a second chance

Here I stand alone  with this weight upon my heart 
and it will not go away . 
In my head I keep on looking back 
right back to the start wondering 
what it was that made you change . 
Well I tried but we had to draw the line 
but still this question keeps on spinning in my mind. 
What if I had never let you go 
would you be the man I used to know ? 
If I'd stayed,if you 'd tried , if we could only turn back time . 
But I guess we'll never know . 
Many roads to take some to joy some to heartache . 
Anyone can lose their way . 
And if I say that we could take it back 
right back to the start 
would you take the chnace and make the change ? 
Do you think how it would have been sometimes ? 
Do you pray that I never left your side ?
What if I had never let you go 
would you be the man I used to know ? 
What if I had never walked away 
cause I still love you more that I can say ? 
If I'd stayed if you'd tried if we could only 
turn back time ... 
but I guess we'll never know ...